Dancing Under The Stars

photo by Aiden Krupa

Despite the heavy rainstorms, Ripon High students were still able to dance the night away.     

Whether if it was raining or not, every student who attended this years formal was dressed to impressed with their dates or friends. Many people had plans such as taking pictures in the photobooth or dinner with a group beforehand. The dance setting had decorations throughout, provided waters, a free photo booth and of course a DJ. 

“Yes I enjoyed the dance, I like how it was different from the other ones when getting ready for it and planning to hang out with a big group of friends, but besides dressing up formally and people having dates, I also I enjoyed hanging out with some people that I usually wouldn’t have and get out and having a good time with dancing around,” Freshman Asia Rose stated.

Yes I enjoyed the dance, I like how it was different from the other ones when getting ready for it and planning to hang out with a big group of friends, but besides dressing up formally and people having dates, I also I enjoyed hanging out with some people that I usually wouldn’t have and get out and having a good time with dancing around,

— Freshman Asia Rose

Tea was spilled as Winter Formal dates were posted on the Ripon Winter Formal proposal Instagram account . Many asked people that they like or their good friends to the dance making it a perfect way to spend more time with them.

To make it more exciting, the proposals were also a competition to see whose proposal was the most creative. The winners of this year’s contest were Josh Atilano and Shannon Johnson! His perfect proposal was “Shannon I a-door you, be my date” as they won themselves free tickets to the dance. 

“Well, I wish I could say I came up with it on my own, but I saw a picture of someone else that did it online,” Senior Josh Atilano said.

Because of the amazing D.J, great proposals, and an awesome crew that set up the dance, Winter Formal was a great way to end the year of 2019.