Katelyn Cardoza, a Sophomore who went to State twice

Katelyn Cardoza is sophomore at Ripon High School who has gone to the state game in the Girl’s Wrestling. This achievement is a big deal. She has only been wrestling for about a year but has been able to achieve so much in such little time. Cardoza wishes to achieve multiple things outside of wrestling such as retaining good grades in school and planning to see what college she wishes to go to.

Katelyn’s biggest supporters are her parents but to be more specific, her father. 

“I believe that my dad is probably my biggest supporter. [… My] dad comes to almost all my practices and always makes sure that I’m always trying my hardest and always gives me motivation by giving me talks before and after my matches,” said Cardoza.

Katelyn has only been wrestling for approximately a year, if only counting practices, and has been able to reach the state game twice. 

“To be honest, I never thought that I would be able to reach state twice in a row. Last year, especially, was pretty big because I was brand new and no one thought I would make it to state and I ended up making it and this year I thought I would make it because I got better and I did make it. I have already contacted multiple colleges and so has my dad,” said Cardoza.

Katelyn believes that with the help and support of her parents, friends, and coaches she will be able to achieve these goals. Not only that, but she also wants to strive to be the best person she can be. 

“If my friends were to describe me, I think they would say that I am very motivated, athletic, and courageous. Another goal that I want to aim to go to state three times in a row and not only that but also be in placements. Who knows. I might even try to go to state four times in a row. This next month I will be going to a national tournament in Colorado, so that’s going to be crazy,” said Cardoza.

Katelyn Cardoza truly is a motivated, athletic, and courageous individual.

I want to be the best I can be, which overall is the biggest thing for me

— Katelyn Cardoza