Covid’s 1 Year Anniversary

Can you believe it? Covid has been in our lives for over 1 year, and may possibly be making its way out. With it still leaving major impacts on our daily lives, it’s nice to look back and see what has gotten better throughout the year. 

Freshman Kali Auxier says, “The most challenging thing for me during quarantine was keeping motivation.”

Quarantine has been a very challenging time for many people for many different reasons. Students have different ways that they tried to keep positive. While quarantine has changed for many people, some students still choose to stay in quarantine. Luckily, for students who have come back to school, sports are making a return.

I used sports to stay motivated and active during quarantine.” says Sophomore Taryn Escola

As almost all sports got canceled, there were many outdoor sport opportunities that took place throughout this year. We are now lucky enough to have a majority of sports returning, including indoor sports. Ripon High has returned to campus for quite a while, and it has helped students see great perspectives to look forward to in 2021.

“I look forward to being a part of the upcoming sports. It was hard for me not being able to play my favorite sports during quarantine. “says Freshman Layton Krygsheld.

For many of us Covid has taken a toll on all of our lives, whether it being everyday social interactions, to giving up some of our favorite hobbies, such as sports. 

The most challenging part during Covid was having so much free time to think and to become unproductive. It has drastically improved science coming back to school, I am back to a normal mind set now”, Said Escola.