Commercial Filled Half Time

Super Bowl Champion Tom Brady Raising the Vince Lombardi Trophy

The Super Bowl is practically a national holiday in America. More than 100 million people from all over the world sit down in their living rooms on Super Bowl Sunday eager to see who will be taking home the Lombardi Trophy. This year, Super Bowl 51 became the fifth most-watched TV broadcast in history. Millions watched in awe as the Patriots fought their way past a 25 point lead at half to win one of the most memorable Super Bowl performances in the past ten years.

More than 50 big name companies such as Bud Light, Sprint, Intel, and Ford had new commercials presenting new products and services played during half time. Some companies such as Wix took commercials to a new level. The website building company presented two commercials that were pretty much mini-movies.

30 students were asked about which commercial they liked the best. Overall, three commercials stood out over the rest. They were the Audi “Daughter” commercial, which presents a young girl racing while her father talks about how she can be just as good as the boys. The new trailer for “The Fate of the Furious,” which is the newest installment to the Fast and Furious franchise. The third was the trailer for the second season of the Netflix show “Stranger Things,” which debuted this summer and was an instant success on the television streaming service.

Other commercials mentioned were the Bai, Wix, and Honda commercials. Along with a few movie trailers for Logan, Transformers, and John Wick 2.