Powderpuff More Like Powder-Ruff

Gianna Brocchini runs for a touchdown as Madison Rodriguez tries to block her.

Powderpuff, the time of the year when girls get to play football and show what they’re made of. Freshmen and seniors unite against the sophomores and juniors to compete for the win. The freshmen got ready for their first year, while seniors wanted to finish strong. Juniors and sophomores went into the game confidently to reclaim their victory.

Juniors and sophomores took the win 42-0. They didn’t allow the freshmen and seniors to even have a chance to score. There were a few injuries, and it got quite competitive between the two teams. Although, it is always just for fun.

“I feel like it was an actual team. We all built a little bond with the seniors, which I felt was good for the freshmen,” freshman Emma Phelps explains. Always seeing the high school events, like powderpuff from afar, freshman are eager to finally be engaged in the activities.

It will be a memory I can look back on and it’s something I got to experience with my best friends

— Senior Halie Rines

The freshmen were excited for Powderpuff since it was their first time, whereas the seniors are reminiscing because it’s their last time.

“It will be a memory I can look back on and it’s something I got to experience with my best friends,” senior Halie Rines said. Seniors are making the most of the end of their high school years.

Powderpuff will always be a tradition that is exciting and sentimental. Girls get to come together and play football against each other and make everlasting memories. Powderpuff is going to be a part of everyone’s memories of their years at Ripon High.