Mrs. Lozano: A New Spanish Teacher at RHS

img_9338

Mrs. Lozano, who teaches Spanish 1 and Spanish 2, is one of the new teachers who became a part of the Ripon High School tribe starting with the 2016-2017 school year.

Mrs. Lozano grew up near the Chico area and did her undergraduate and masters there. Before Ripon High School, Mrs. Lozano taught at New Technology High School in Sacramento for 11 years. Currently, Mrs.Lozano is a student at CSU Stanislaus for her doctorate degree. When she saw an opening in the Spanish department, she did not leave the opportunity to come and teach at RHS.

“I would see Ripon High School and its beautiful football field on my way home to Turlock and would always think how cool it would be to teach there, soon after which there was an opening for a Spanish teacher and I got the job,” said Mrs. Lozano. She thought it was perfect timing that a little after she was thinking about wanting to teach at Ripon High, she got the job like it was made for her.

Mrs. Lozano plans on “joining the tribe” in many ways. She will connect herself to the students and support the school at events.

“Immersing myself in the school culture by dressing up for spirit days, encouraging kids to do well in sports, and attending sporting events will help me join the RHS tribe,” said Mrs. Lozano. As a teacher, she wants her students to know she is always there for them to support and encourage them.

Because Ripon High School is different from the previous high school Mrs. Lozano taught at, there are things she is looking forward to finding at RHS.

“I am looking forward to a supportive student culture and an educational community that takes pride in their school,” Mrs. Lozano said. Looking at Ripon High, Mrs. Lozano knows this is a community she would love to be a part of.

Mrs. Lozano is very excited for getting involved in RHS sports because the high school she taught at before did not have any sports because it focused on technology.

“The sport I am looking forward to the most is football because I was a cheerleader in high school, and my husband played football in high school. My nephews also played football, and I miss having football games to go to,” said Mrs. Lozano. Football really brings out how competitive and involved she is in sports.

Mrs. Lozano believes Ripon High School is the perfect high school for her to teach at. Everything she did not get to see at the previous high school she taught at, she knows she will get to see it at RHS. “It may sound corny, but I am looking for a second family that I can belong in.”