Winter Sports Rally

Winter Sports Rally

The Winter Sports’ Rally was created to represent the seniors of each sport and acknowledging them for all their hard work and dedication to the sport.  The rally began with the band performing a song.  After that three seniors of the band were called.

The cheerleaders then performed an act, followed by Kahailyn Hodges being given a rose.

Afterwards, the boys and girls’ seniors for the wrestling team presented a comical skit, a faux wrestling match took place with  Diego Moreno challenging the other sports of RHS to meet him in the ring. Pretending to be members of another team, members of the wrestling team pretended to take Moreno’s challenge where they’d each be defeated. The skit was responded to well by the crowd, and was followed by the usual rose ceremony for the team’s seniors. Seniors whom received their roses for their participation was Diego Moreno, Jasmine Parra, Andrea Martin, and Victoria White. They were acknowledged by head coach Jorge Velasco.

After the wrestling presentation, boys and girls soccer joined together on the court for a scrimmage in a battle of the sexes. With a few fouls, multiple time outs, the boys showing a little hesitation after a ball flew into the crowd. The boys won 1-0.  Girls soccer said goodbye to four of their seniors, while boys soccer praised thirteen of their players for dedicating their senior winter season to the sport.

The rally ended with a shooting contest of the girls’ and boys’ seniors from the varsity basketball teams. After some confusion, the two teams shot the best, their competitive edges coming through. In the end, the boys won the shoot out  32-29.  Four seniors from the girls’ basketball team, Maciah and Mariah Strickland, Missy DaRosa, and Felicia Ceja, were presented by junior teammates Savannah Clark and Katie Kaizer. Following the girls were the boys Varsity with Cole Stevens, Nic Paschini, Aaron Paschini, Zach Hansen, Rhet Herrin, Noah Hernandez, Anthony Sisk, and Brendan Fuggit presented by proud Coach Wright.
    This rally was dedicated to all the hardworking seniors who participated in sports throughout their high school career.  Every year, the students are reminded of how dedicated our Ripon High athletes are by acknowledging them with a rose and a speech.  This rally is also a way to raise school spirit by getting all the students excited for upcoming sports seasons and events.

Displaying IMG_1060.JPG.jpeg