Indians Come Up Short Against RC

This last Tuesday the Indians basketball lost to undefeated Ripon Christian at home by a score of 70-60. The Indians would fall to a 3-1 record while RC becomes 4-0 and first place in the TVL with Ripon trailing in second place. The is the first time these teams played this year and their next contest will be on February 13 which will be an exciting rematch.

In the first quarter it was a close back and fourth game with the score tied up at 16. RC would then go on several scoring runs extending their lead by six at halftime and ten points by the end up the third. RC

Andrew Wood posting up down low.
Andrew Wood posting up down low.

would keep their ten point lead until the end of the game.

“We weren’t hustling for rebounds and we paid for that,” said Junior post Andrew Wood. RC dominated the glass with several offensive rebounds and second chance points. Rebounding proved to be Ripon’s biggest problem of the game.

Ripon’s big three of Stevens, Pachini, and Roach were able to combine for a total of 46 of the Indians points. Andrew Wood was able to come off the bench and grab seven rebounds which was the team high and also scored four points. RC’s Travis Vander Molen and Sean Broker contributed to RC’s scoring runs in the second and third quarter finishing with 20 and 18 points.

Ripon will hope to bounce back when they play the Cougars in Escalon this Friday night.