Almond Blossom Queen Candidates

As winter turns into spring, Ripon’s annual Almond Blossom Festival approaches.  With being said, a new queen is to be crowned.  This year, Kylie Stevens, Sarah Hall, Kaitlynn Batterton, Daelynn Dabney, Mariah Rivera, and Gracie Franco-Carreno, are representing Ripon High.  All possess qualities that make them fit to be Ripon’s future queen.
Kylie Stevens has lived in Ripon her whole life and is actively involved in her school.  Through hard work and dedication, she recently received a rowing scholarship to St. Mary’s.  Her love of Ripon will keep her close to home and has inspired her to run for Almond Blossom Queen this year. Kylie suggests, “Get out of your comfort zone and associate yourself with new people.”
Sarah Hall has always had an impact on her community.  She has been apart of JROTC for the past few years in leadership positions and has also volunteered for RCAF.  Sarah decided to run for queen so she could represent Ripon and share her abundant love for the city.
Kaitlynn Batterton is also actively involved in the school by being in the JROTC program.  She plans on going into the U.S. Army and fighting for our country.
JROTC, Drill Team, cheerleading, and youth group are just a few of the activities that Daelynn Dabney has been involved in over the years. She aspires to be the next Almond Blossom Queen because she’s always wanted to be apart of something “bigger”. Daelynn expressed her appreciation of this community by saying, “I have lived in Ripon my entire life and I take pride in our small town.”
Although Mariah Rivera hasn’t lived in Ripon for long, she has grown fond of this community. Mariah decided to run for Queen because she’d like to have the opportunity to get to know her community even better.  Mariah participates in CSF, Drama club and the Fashion club on campus and she has a passion for dance.
Gracie Franco-Carreno hopes to be the next Almond Blossom Queen because she desired the opportunity to show others that you can do anything you put your mind to it.  Some of Gracie’s favorite hobbies include singing, writing and drawing.  She’s also in JROTC and enjoys acting as the “journalist”.
Candidates will find out who will be crowned queen on Thursday, February 19.
By: Taylor Enriquez
Photo from: Manteca Bulletin