Ripon High School’s 2015 Sober Grad Fashion Show

On Saturday, March 7th, Ripon High School held their Annual Sober Grad Fashion Show. The event was held in Ripon High’s multipurpose room, at 7 p.m. Sixty lucky seniors participate in an this Annual Fashion Show, while the juniors cater it, to participate next year. The show is a fundraiser, to raise money for Sober Grad (a night just for the seniors.) At this fundraiser people can help themselves to delicious pastries and refreshments set up at various tables, see the newest Prom Fashions, win raffle prizes and for one lucky winner – the ultimate prom package.

The seniors of Ripon High love the fact that the school puts on events for them and have all the students involved in activities together. A boy and a girl senior dress in the latest prom fashions and pick a song of their choice. They get to create their own dance routine and perform it live at the show. Volunteers helped create the runway and set up beautiful decorations.

I spoke with a senior who performed in the fashion show, Harrison Salvador, “It was a great experience. I had so much fun making a dance routine and performing out in front of everyone. Especially being with all my friends and making great memories.”

I also spoke to Luciano Gonzales (senior, who also performed in the show) and he had to say, “I had a great time being apart of the show especially because I was able to do it with lots of good friends.  time is just going by so fast and reality is setting in that soon I’m going to be attending college. It’s crazy but I’m still going to enjoy the rest of my senior year and make the best of it.”

Towards the end of the show they announced who won the prom package. The prom package included paying for the dress, croshashe, hair being done, makeup, shoes, ticket and dinner. (may have included more)  I spoke to the winner, Breanna DaRosa, immediately after they called her name and she stated, “When they called my name, I couldn’t believe it was me. It felt so unreal, but I was really excited because it’s going to help for mom and dad. i have a twin sister so it is one less daughter they have to pay for. After Prom there are going to be many more obstacles, but i’m extremely nervous about graduating and it’s very stressful, but at the time I’m excited.”

By Amanda Hawryz