Coin Wars Rally

On Friday, March 6, Ripon High had a Coin Wars rally.  The leadership class had the upper class-men sat on one side of the gym and the lower class-men sat on the other side.  This rally was about all the money that was raised to help the Lymphoma and Leukemia Society.

A former student from Ripon High, Joe Greenwood, gave a speech about his journey with fighting cancer and how hard it was to live a normal life. Teacher, Mr. Calkins supported Joe and told him things will be okay and helped him out the best he could.  Students and staff cheered and clapped for Joe’s story and his voyage through cancer.  The former graduate student was touched by Ripon High raising all the money and the abundant support.

After the speech, games were going on.  The first game was who can get the items the quickest.  The lower class won that one.  The second game was trying to eat an Oreo with only using your mouth.  Upper class won that round. The third game was who can open the frozen shirt first.  Neither class had won.  The last round was which team could donate the most money.  Both squads had won that game because students, teachers, and staff members generously gave money.  There was no real winner in reality because the beauty of it was all the money that was being raised to stomp cancer.  Ripon High raised over $3,000 to help the Lymphoma and Leukemia Society.

By: Jazmine Muratalla