ROP Cosmetology Program

For any Ripon High Students that have an interest in hair, make up, or nails, I strongly encourage you to look into the ROP Cosmetology Program that is provided through the school. I always enjoyed doing hair, whether it was hair cuts, dying or styling I was eager to learn. I also love make up because the creativity is endless. The ROP program that I have been attending is an 18 month course and once I pass the State Board test for Cosmetology, I will be licensed to do almost anything in a salon.

I am currently half way done with the course and I have learned so much about the beauty business. I plan on taking more courses to specialize in different aspects of cosmetology. I want to take the esthetician class once I have enough money saved so I can specialize in skin, make up, and facials. I also considered barbering, but I found that I enjoy the creativity of women’s hair more fascinating.

If any students are considering taking this field as a career, this is a GREAT opportunity that will not only save you thousands of dollars, but a lot of time. If you want more information about it, talk to your counselor about it and discuss it with your parents. I, as someone involved in the ROP program, encourage any students, male or female, to look into it.

-By Jordyn Rich