An Interview with Mrs. Clevenger: New P.E. Teacher

Mrs. Clevenger, the newest P.E. teacher at Ripon High, wishes for all her students to succeed and be inspired starting with this 2016-2017.

In an interview with her, she talks about why she was inspired to teach. Her family had been involved in teaching before, and she herself had always had a knack for physical education. “I knew I wanted to help students and coach, so it was just the next direction. [I chose] sports, P.E, and working with children.” Clevenger stated.

While thinking of the school she wished to teach at, Mrs. Clevenger chose Ripon High due to the fact that she wished to contribute to her community. “ I took some time off to raise my family and I love high school, I’ve taught high school before, and [I picked] Ripon because I want to invest in my community, where I live,” she noted.

Clevenger’s not just working for her community, she also wants to inspire her students. She says that she wants each of her students to find something they enjoy in physical fitness. “My ultimate goal with my students is to find something that inspires them in fitness and health, that they can carry on for the rest of their life.” she spoke, in regards on her plans for the class.

While Clevenger is new to Ripon High, she has been enjoying it here so far. “I love it. My students are the best. I keep telling all my classes that they’re my favorite classes, and this is the best group of students I’ve ever had in the 10 years I’ve been a teacher.”