Do Your Work!

Getting started is usually the hardest part when you have a lot of work to do. By using certain techniques, you’ll start getting your homework done much faster.

1. Plan Ahead

Making sure to set aside time that you will be able to work on homework can make it easier to start. This can help to stop you from procrastinating and make sure you know what you need to do and when you need to do it. Always take advantage of free time you have in class to get work done. You can even make a checklist to know exactly what you need to get done, which will make the work much easier to wrap your head around.

2. Just Get Started

Actually getting started can be incredibly difficult, especially for homework that you don’t like. A good way to get started is just by simply taking out your homework. It will make the idea of starting much less stressful if you think of it as a simpler task. You can do this using the 1-2-3 technique, where you count to 3 and then immediately throw your phone across the room and get up and start.

3. Set a Timer

Once you get started, staying focused can be very difficult. A good way to stay focused is to set a timer for 25 minutes and work for those 25 minutes. Then, take a 5 minute break to do whatever you want. Dividing you work up into 25 minute sessions will help you be more productive because your brain can rest and you won’t feel bad for looking at your phone for a few minutes.